Londonwide LMCs is the brand name of Londonwide Local Medical Committees Limited. Londonwide LMCs provides representation, guidance and support to GPs and practice teams in the Londonwide area.
An LMC is an elected body established through statute which represents the interests of all local NHS GPs and their teams. Londonwide LMCs is the umbrella body for 24 local medical committees across the capital and the professional voice for London’s 6000+ GPs and their practice teams offering:
- National representation and negotiation – Londonwide LMCs is represented on the BMA’s national negotiating body, the General Practitioners Committee, ensuring the voice of general practice across London is heard and respected
- Local voice – across the capital, Londonwide LMCs supports 24 Local Medical Committees (LMCs). Each LMC, elected and chaired by practising GPs, provides leadership, advice and support for practices in their constituencies and in dealings with their primary care organisation
- GP Support Service – personal 1:1 advice and support for practices on a wide range of issues from contracts to PCT disputes
- Training, seminars, workshops tailored for GPs, practice managers and nurses on all aspects of working in a practice in today’s changing NHS
- Briefings, newsletters, hot topic alerts – all to keep you informed, listened to and engaged
- Providing a framework for ensuring effective, efficient, high quality communication in order to position Londonwide LMCs as the voice of general practice across the capital.
Londonwide Enterprise Limited (LEL) provides services that go beyond Londonwide LMCs’ core work. One of the services that LEL provides is training for GPs and their practice teams. This is why this course has been developed so that Health Care Assistants in general practice can be better supported.
LEL is a wholly owned subsidiary of Londonwide LMCs created with the business, learning and performance needs of GPs and their practice teams in mind. We are organised and run similar to a social enterprise – providing a tangible benefit to the GP community is more important than making a commercial profit.
Londonwide Enterprise Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Londonwide Local Medical Committees Limited. Registered and office address: Tavistock House South, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9LG. Registered in England No. 6990874. Londonwide Enterprise Limited is registered as a Company Limited by Shares. VAT no. 130 1454 66.
Further information is available on the Londonwide LMCs’ website.