The Initial Training Cervical Sample Taker Course is designed to enable trained staff to take cervical samples.
The course follows guidance from Public Health England in relation to the training of cervical sample takers and incorporates the competency framework CHS37. The course is professionally accredited with the RCGP and upon successful completion students will receive a Certificate of Completion from Londonwide LMCs.
The course consists of two full day face-to-face taught days, a practical element with a final requirement of achieving 20 adequate samples, a colposcopy clinic visit with a reflection of the visit documented, a visit to a laboratory or the completion of a virtual tour and completion of a personal training record workbook.
The course cost £500 + VAT per person.
- Be a registered nurse, registered midwife, registered physician associate or medical doctor
- Be working in an environment where the objectives of the course can be fulfilled in 6 months
- Have a mentor in practice who has had 12 months continual experience following initial cervical sample training
- Have a mentor in practice who has taken a minimum of 50 successful cervical samples
- Have a mentor in practice who (if appropriate) has attended / completed a cervical training update within the last three years
- Have a mentor who is a practicing sample taker
Thursday 14th November and Friday 15th November 2019.
Thursday 19th March 2020 and Friday 20th March 2020.
How to book:
To request an application form to attend this training and for more information please contact email@example.com.