Special Notice: November and January taught day dates are now fully booked – we will be running the next taught day in April 2020 but the date is to be confirmed. If you enrol on the programme, you will be held on a waiting list and notified of the next available taught day date once it has been confirmed.
The module provides an introduction for practice managers looking to improve their finance and business knowledge. It also forms part of our practice manager blended learning programme and it can be completed as a standalone module.
This online course content and the included taught day cover:
- Understanding the different income streams coming in to general practice
- Monitoring and maximising practice income
- Controlling costs and working effectively
- Calculating staff costs
- Costing new services
- Understanding practice accounts and accounting terminology
- The importance of financial governance and probity
The cost of the standalone module is £160 + VAT.
This finance unit is taught using a blended learning approach and is suitable for managers in general practice. Taught days are very interactive with lots of opportunities to learn from colleagues and experienced practice manager trainers. The unit is written and delivered by experienced practice managers. The content is professionally accredited with the Royal College of General Practitioners and students will receive 10 CPD points.
The unit is composed of one online module and one face-to-face taught day which are both compulsory in order to successfully complete the unit. Students will have access to the online module for six months from the date of payment and will be enrolled on the next face-to-face session available.
Students must score 100% in the multiple choice test at the end of the online unit and attend the full-day taught day to successfully complete the module. Upon successful completion, students will be awarded a certificate of completion from Londonwide LMCs.
- Suitable for practice managers / finance managers / business managers / operational managers who are new to general practice or expecting to take on a role in the financial management of the practice.
- GP Partners who are new to partnership or new to a financial role are more than welcome to attend.
- A practice manager who lacks confidence with finance.
- Students will need to have access to email.
Taught Days available:
- Friday 1st November 2019 – FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 24th January 2020 – FULLY BOOKED
- April 2020 – Dates to be confirmed
If you would like more information please email email@example.com.
To make payment please click the “subscribe to this course” below.
[FPM] Module 1 - Overview of Practice Finance
[FPM] 4.3.3 Drugs including vaccinations
[FPM] 4.3.4 Premises Expenses
[FPM] 4.3.5 Consumables
[FPM] 4.3.6 Telephone
[FPM] 4.3.7 Legal and Professional
[FPM] 4.3.8 Subscriptions and CQC
[FPM] 4.3.9 Levies
[FPM] 4.3.10 Computers
[FPM] 4.3.11 Financial Expenses
[FPM] 4.3.12 Cash receipts
[FPM] Practice Finance - Summary
[FPM] Practice Finance - Key Sites
- [FPM] 4.3.3 Drugs including vaccinations
- [FPM] 4.3.4 Premises Expenses
- [FPM] 4.3.5 Consumables
- [FPM] 4.3.6 Telephone
- [FPM] 4.3.7 Legal and Professional
- [FPM] 4.3.8 Subscriptions and CQC
- [FPM] 4.3.9 Levies
- [FPM] 4.3.10 Computers
- [FPM] 4.3.11 Financial Expenses
- [FPM] 4.3.12 Cash receipts
- [FPM] Practice Finance - Summary
- [FPM] Practice Finance - Key Sites