Our new Introduction to Practice Finance module launches will be going live from September 2019.
The module provides an introduction for practice managers looking to improve their finance and business knowledge. It also forms part of our practice manager blended learning programme and it can be completed as a standalone module.
This online course content and the included taught day cover:
- Understanding the different income streams coming in to general practice
- Monitoring and maximising practice income
- Controlling costs and working effectively
- Calculating staff costs
- Costing new services
- Understanding practice accounts and accounting terminology
- The importance of financial governance and probity
The cost of the standalone module is £160 + VAT.
This finance unit is taught using a blended learning approach and is suitable for managers in general practice. Taught days are very interactive with lots of opportunities to learn from colleagues and experienced practice manager trainers. The unit is written and delivered by experienced practice managers. The content is accredited with the Royal College of General Practitioners and students will receive 10 CPD points.
The unit is composed of one online module and one face-to-face taught day which are both compulsory in order to successfully complete the unit. Students will have access to the online module for six months from the date of payment and will be enrolled on the next face-to-face session available.
Students must score 100% in the multiple choice test at the end of the online unit and attend the full-day taught day to successfully complete the module. Upon successful completion, students will be awarded a certificate of completion from Londonwide LMCs.
- Students need to be a practice manager, a finance manager or a manager working in general practice, i.e. business manager.
- A member of staff working in general practice looking to become a practice manager or expecting to take on a role in the financial management of the practice.
- A practice manager who lacks confidence with finance.
- Students will need to have access to email.
If you would like to register your interest now please email email@example.com.
[FPM] Module 1 - Overview of Practice Finance
[FPM] 4.3.3 Drugs including vaccinations
[FPM] 4.3.4 Premises Expenses
[FPM] 4.3.5 Consumables
[FPM] 4.3.6 Telephone
[FPM] 4.3.7 Legal and Professional
[FPM] 4.3.8 Subscriptions and CQC
[FPM] 4.3.9 Levies
[FPM] 4.3.10 Computers
[FPM] 4.3.11 Financial Expenses
[FPM] 4.3.12 Cash receipts
[FPM] Practice Finance - Summary
[FPM] Practice Finance - Key Sites
- [FPM] 4.3.3 Drugs including vaccinations
- [FPM] 4.3.4 Premises Expenses
- [FPM] 4.3.5 Consumables
- [FPM] 4.3.6 Telephone
- [FPM] 4.3.7 Legal and Professional
- [FPM] 4.3.8 Subscriptions and CQC
- [FPM] 4.3.9 Levies
- [FPM] 4.3.10 Computers
- [FPM] 4.3.11 Financial Expenses
- [FPM] 4.3.12 Cash receipts
- [FPM] Practice Finance - Summary
- [FPM] Practice Finance - Key Sites