About the Course
This online programme is an essential resource for any nurse new to general practice, as well as a useful refresher generally. It provides introductory level learning resources and self-assessment questionnaires across a range of topics, covering baseline skills for nursing in general practice. It represents the building blocks of an educational pathway to support a career in general practice nursing.
Included in the programme are two full-day workshops led by experienced practice nurse facilitators, who will support your progression through the units.
The cost of the programme, including the two workshops and dedicated support, is £850 plus VAT.
The programme will help you to identify learning needs appropriate to your role in practice and direct you to further opportunities for continued professional development. The programme is written by practice nurses for practice nurses, with the aim of being totally relevant and user-friendly.
For full programme information, please see the User Guide.
Londonwide LMCs have produced guidance regarding changes to the Code and introduction of revalidation for nurses from April 2016. This important guidance is for use by all nurses as well as GP principals and practice managers.
To be eligible for this programme, you must meet these criteria:
- Be a registered adult nurse
- Be employed or have placement time within a practice with an appropriate contract/agreement
- Be supported within the practice by being given time to attend both taught days
- Be supported within the practice by being assigned an experienced practice nurse mentor who can sign off the competency document
- Have a good standard of written English
Wednesday 18th March 2020 – open for booking – spaces available
Thursday 4th June 2020 – University of West London Cohort – Fully Booked